Wrestlemania 29

Go down

Wrestlemania 29

Post by fh82peter on April 8th 2013, 12:48 am

Well the big show is over and I got a chance to watch it. My impressions are as follows... First half of the show was very weak. The Shield vs Randy Orton, Sheamus, and The Big Show kicked off the show and it lacked the emotional draw that even the buildup brought. The Shield won of course and big show delivered the ko punch to orton and sheamus post match. The ko punch on each looked horribly! He has to go back to the devastating chokeslam or at least lock his elbow out when he throws the WMD. Ryback and Mark Henry was pitiful, imo, as well. Two big guys hitting big power punches and then a horrible end to the match when ryback had henry up on his shoulders in like a cena FU position and then henry grabs the top rope and falls down on ryback and he covers him for the win??? idk if that was the plan, ryback may have been knocked out but anyway it was bad. Then post match ryback hit his finisher on henry. I didnt catch the end of team hell no vs dolph ziggler and big e but daniel bryan came out like a house on fire, i missed most of this match but team hell no was victorious. Jericho vs Fandango was horrid. Fandango won with a small package after a very badly missed lionsault by jericho and he played a knee injury. Hard to see one of the best of all time (jericho) in such a bad match. Undertaker and CM Punk was great! Taker looked great and punk was superb. after a great back and forth and punk mocking taker endlessly the tombstone put punk away. 21-0! Brock Lesnar and HHH was actually a decent showing, imo. Back and forth most of the match and held your attention, commentary did good keeping the angle going during the match as well. Brock ended up face down on the steel steps after a pedigree and HHH keeps his career in tact. The main event was a let down but anytime cena is in there, there is only so much you can do, right? Cena got tons of heat from the crowd and rock was def the fav at first. poor match and way too many counter finishers. Seemed like every 25 seconds there was a FU or Rock bottom attempt and the peoples elbow or 5 knuckle shuffle attempt. Cena did NOT turn heel as a lot of dirt sheets thought but after the match had a few words inside the ring with the rock, cena then left the ring and let rock have his moment, cena was waiting at the top of the ramp for rock and I thought man this would be the perfect place to hit rock with the title and bam HEEL cena is born. but nope. Cena raises the belt and screams the champ is here and thats all folks. From a business standpoint you have to keep cena babyface, he just brings too much money to the company and does so much outside the ring for him to be the bad guy on tv. Well there is my 2 cents folks. Like i said, hhh vs brock and cm punk vs undertaker were great but the rest of the event was lacking. Of course this is only my opinion so if you got to see it, let me know what you thought.
fh82peter
Blogger

Gaming Console : xbox 360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestlemania 29

Post by fh82peter on April 8th 2013, 1:10 am

Oh man, I forgot the Jack Swagger vs Alberto Del Rio match, lol. Another one i was hoping to see Swagger win. I think he is the future and his current gimmick fits him. He fail to the arm bar though. Del Rio retains. You know what Id love to see??? Brock Lesnar and Jack Swagger as a tag team!
fh82peter
Blogger

Gaming Console : xbox 360

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Wrestlemania 29

Post by Rowdy on April 8th 2013, 5:06 am

Great write up Peter!
Rowdy
Admin

Gaming Console : Xbox 360

View user profile http://wbsportsplanet.com