WB Sports Planet
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Players pay...

3 posters

Go down

Players pay... Empty Players pay...

Post by TerryL July 23rd 2013, 10:35 pm

Is it just me or does the amount players in ever major sports seem to be getting out of hand. Example of this comes today when Boston signs second baseman Dustin Pedroia a 7year worth 100 million.
I don't blame the players for this but the teams. The players only take what the teams are offering them but where is it going to end. Look at A-Rod's contract with the Yankees 10 years $275 million. And what has been the return on it in the long run. 1 World Series. "I think" and a boat load of controversy. Was it worth it for the Yankees or MLB.
On the other hand you have NFL & NBA players signing large contracts and leaving teams barley able to fill rosters without paying large amounts in luxury taxs. Example of this is Kobe Bryant and his 28 million per year. Then you have Lebron James and his contract which when broke down is worth ... Lebron averaged 37.7 minutes in 81 games for a total of 3053.7 minutes. He made 14,410,581. This averages to $4719.06/min! Is he worth it not in my book. And people wonder why there is so much difference between the classes in America.
TerryL
TerryL
Bench Warmer

Gaming Console : Xbox 360

Back to top Go down

Players pay... Empty Re: Players pay...

Post by Rowdy July 24th 2013, 10:40 pm

That's a staggering amount per min.! Wow!
Rowdy
Rowdy
Admin

http://wbsportsplanet.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WadeO July 25th 2013, 12:49 am

Lebron is worth it. But Arod aint worth a penny.
WadeO
WadeO
MVP

Gaming Console : XBOX 360

http://www.wbsportsplanet.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryL July 26th 2013, 11:53 am

On top of all that lets all remember Latrell Sprewell... Sprewell's career came to an unexpected end in 2005 when he refused a $21-million three-year contract offer from the Timberwolves, which he implied would not be enough to feed his children. Now this was 8 years ago but 7 million a season to play a game and the man refused it and made the above comment. C'mon MAN
TerryL
TerryL
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down